1 cup wide lentils
1 cup basmati rice
1 cup boiled pasta
1/2 cup boiled chickpeas
1/4 cup sunflower oil
2 onions julienned + 2 tablespoons flour
1/2 cup of vermicelli
Ingredients of the Tomato Sauce:
3 garlic cloves
3 large tomatoes pureed
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon coriander
1 bay leaf
Chili sauce (Optional)
Ingredients for the vinegar sauce:
2 cloves of garlic
1 cup water
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon vinegar
1 teaspoon lemon juice
chili sauce (Optional)
– Boil the lentils till it is well done and then strain it from water but keep the water aside so we use it to boil the rice.
– Cover the onions with flour and then fry in hot oil until it becomes crispy and golden in color.
– Using onion oil fry the vermicelli
– Use a little bit of onion oil and fry the rice, then use lentil water to boil the rice. We need 2 water cups so you can add more water if needed. We can also choose to boil the rice with vermicelli.
– To prepare the tomato sauce: Boil the ingredients together on low heat until it thickens.
– To prepare vinegar sauce: Boil the ingredients for two minutes and serve cold with the kushari.
– Arrange the ingredients and top with the tomato and vinegar sauces.