Yield: 10 persons
1 whole chicken breast cut into cubes and marinated 1 teaspoon black pepper and paprika
½ kg fish fillets
½ kg medium size shrimps, without crust cleaned and washed and marinated with 1 teaspoon fish spice
12 pieces jumbo shrimps with crust marinated with 1 tablespoon fish spice
½ green bell pepper, finely chopped
½ red bell pepper, finely chopped
½ yellow bell pepper, finely chopped
½ orange bell pepper, finely chopped
3 artichoke hearts, cut into cubes
½ cup peas
½ cup diced carrots
2 tomatoes, pureed
1 small onion, finely diced
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
3 cups rice
Fish spice, 1 tablespoon
6 cups fish broth or chicken broth
Olive oil to stir fry the ingredients
- Optional side sauce ingredients:
1 onion, finely diced
1 garlic clove, minced
1/4 red bell pepper, chopped
1/4 yellow bell pepper, chopped
1/4 green bell pepper, chopped
1 tomato, pureed
2 cups fish or chicken broth
- In a nonstick pan, put 2 tablespoons olive oil and fry the jumbo shrimps till done. Remove aside.
- In the same pan, add more oil and fry the medium sized shrimps. Remove aside.
- In the same pan, add oil and fry the fish fillets. Then remove and keep aside. You can choose to make the fish fillets breaded and deep fry them or in the oven.
- In the same pan, add oil and fry the chicken cubes. Remove aside.
- In the same pan, add the artichokes, bell peppers, peas and carrots and fry on low heat till the vegetables are tender.
- In another pot, put 2 tablespoons olive oil and fry the onion, garlic and ginger with fish spice. When the onion is transparent to golden in color, add the pureed tomatoes and stir. Then add the rice with saffron threads. Fry for 2 minutes then add the broth. When the broth boils, cover the lid and then lower the heat for 20 minutes or until the rice is done.
- Now, add the fried vegetables, the chicken and the medium shrimps to the rice and mix them thoroughly together to avoid the rice from breaking. Put the jumbo shrimps and the fried fish fillets on the top.
Optional side sauce:
Fry the onion with the garlic and then add the bell peppers with tomato puree, salt, pepper and fish broth. Boil till the vegetables are tender and sauce is thick. You can puree the sauce or keep it as is. Serve next to the rice.